Looking for Splendour in the Grass campervan hire? We can help! Choose from a large range of campervans at low prices. The Splendour in the Grass music festival is back this year at Woodford from Friday 29 July to Sunday 31 July 2011. Tickets have already gone on sale so if you haven’t booked online already, hurry up before the event sells out!
Campervan hire for Splendour in the Grass is very popular and we can still help with a range of campervans for the festival. Splendour is held at “Woodfordia”, outside Woodford (Queensland), which is about 80 kilometres north of Brisbane. So collecting your hire campervan in Brisbane is going to be the closest location for Splendour. The busiest days for collecting your Splendour hire campervan will be Wednesday 27 July and Thursday 28 July, so try to avoid these days or please have patience if you plan to rock up on either day.
Below is a rundown on the main campervan hire companies for Splendour in the Grass:
- Apollo: Newer campervans from 2 to 6 Berths at good prices. 7-day minimum and availability okay at this stage.
- Backpacker: Older campervans from 2 to 4 Berth. 5-day minimum and campervans still available.
- Britz: Full range of 2 to 6 Berth campervans (average 2 years old). 5-day minimum and good availability.
- Cheapa Campa: Full range of 2 to 6 Berth campervans at low prices. 7-day minimum. Availability is still okay but campers are booking up.
- Hippie Campervan: Compact 2 Berth campervans with basic kitchen facilities. 10-day minimum and both the Budget and Deluxe campers are still available.
- Jucy Rentals: Older but cheap campervans (2 and 4 Berth). 14-day minimum and vehicles nearly booked out.
- Maui: Large range of 2 to 6 Berth campervans with 7-day minimum.
- Spaceships: Budget 2 Berth campervan. 10-day minimum. Spaceships are currently booked out but they may get more campervans into Brisbane to help with demand.
Please note that availability and the minimum rental periods are subject to change. Normally we find that as campers start to book up, the minimum hire period increases. Contact us if you would like a quote for Spendour in the Grass campervan hire.
For Splendour in the Grass 2011, the Woodfordia site will accommodate 20,000 campers. Shower and toilet facilities are available in all camping grounds and there is the General Store for basic supplies. Remember to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, sunglasses, warm winter clothing or a raincoat just in case. If you forget anything, the General Store at will be well stocked.
While we are on the subject, there are some things you need to know about taking a hire campervan to Splendour.
- Anyone driving to the event needs to buy a Vehicle Access Pass ($30 including fees and charges) from moshtix.com.au from June 1st to be able to enter the campground or carpark. Camping patrons can receive a full refund by having 3 or more occupants (each with event-camping tickets) in their vehicle.
- You will be able to enter the campground from Wednesday 27 July if you have a valid Vehicle Access Pass. Please note that the festival entertainment (and dining) area will not be open. Shuttle buses will be available if you wish to travel into town and back.
- Expect delays when driving to and from the event. There will be a lot of vehicles trying to get in and out of the venue at the same time especially if you decide to arrive or leave at a peak time when many others are trying to do the same.
- Make sure you know what you can and cannot bring into the Woodfordia site (such as alcohol) – check the banned items list (under Event Info).
- Campervans up to 7.5m and caravans up to 6m in length are permitted.
- Campsites are not powered, so factor this into your stay. Campervans have a 12V auxiliary battery which will run your internal lights and fridge for 24 hours or so. But you won’t be able to use any appliance that needs 240V main power (such as microwaves and air-conditioning units). Please note that without driving to charge the 12V battery, it will eventually run out, so you might need to bring a torch for the evenings and use ice to keep your food cool.
The 2011 Splendour in the Grass festival is shaping up to be the best yet, with loads of local and international acts due to perform, including The Living End, The Grates, Eskimo Joe, Sparkadia and Hungry Kids of Hungary. Camping at Splendour adds another dimension to the experience so make sure you get in early and book your Splendour in the Grass campervan hire before it’s too late. Click here for an instant quote!